Not much in this update, things are ticking over nicely. The main thing that our guests need to know is that with less than 3 months to go before this year's event, we've now sold 70% of our available pitches. Time to book before someone else does!
Righty, a number of things to get through in this update:
- we've got our flypasts: Hurricane on Saturday, Spitfire on Sunday, weather permitting, times to be confirmed
- pitches are filling up: half our space has already been booked, so don't delay!
- rocker cover racing: some subtle changes to the Santa Poo Seaway this year, but the racing is still going to be as exciting and as close as last year - just make sure your wheels are strong...
news - 14/10/2018
Last updates being tweaked before we go live with bookings for SkegMiniFest 2019...
SkegMiniFest 2019 - preparations underway
After a sell-out and a record figure raised in 2018, we're hoping for more of the same in 2019. YOU can help us do that by being a guest at SkegMiniFest 2019.
As ever, the SMF elves (and our one gnome) are hard at work behind the scenes to deliver our 9th event.
We have - as ever - listened to our guests and we have - as ever - some subtle changes to come.
As usual though, we have:
- a full weekend's camping
- a host of live acts throughout
- traders and more
- the (optional) barbecue and a special low price menu for guests
- the virtually famous and quite popular £100 prize raffle
- the infamous, exciting and occasionally car-killing rocker cover racing
- toilets and showers on site
- prizes for the best Minis, as voted for by our guests
- phone charging available at the information tent
And as an extra treat this year, we've also got a couple of Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight flypasts over the weekend!
2018 - wow - thank you all
Thank you to the fantastic people who:
- attended, including our furthest traveled Mini from Exeter
- helped out with this year's event, like the muppets in hi-viz jackets wandering around all weekend keeping things running
- supported this year's event in many ways, including the local (and national) businesses who helped so much to keep our costs down - and sometimes at extremely short notice, thank you Screwfix Skegness!
The figure above is our best ever result at SkegMiniFest, and in the very near future we will be having a nice big cheque handed over to Macmillan Cancer Support.
As ever, we need a bit of a rest now before the organising of next year's event gets under way, but keep an eye out for the booking being opened for 2019!