news: SkegMiniFest number 9 is all over 8-(
After many months of planning, frenetic (and not so frenetic) activity, the field is cleared, everyone's gone home and now we take stock of what just happened.
Rain, wind, sun; none of these stopped us and our guests having a fantastic weekend in Skegness. To be fair, while the rain was heavy it was by no means constant. There was barely any mud, let alone anything you could get stuck in (as you can see in the photo), so if you missed out because you thought the weather would be bad then tough luck.
We are still preparing the final total that will be going to Macmillan but that will be announced on here as soon as we're ready. In the meantime, we're also starting the planning for next years' event, and this is going to be a big one for us as it's our TENTH!
Thank you to all who attended, helped, organised, played, served, cooked, donated and otherwise supported. We'll be calling on you again soon.
This is our last update before the event, and it's fairly quick: everything's nearly sort of about close to being sorted.
Unfortunately we've had to cancel Rocker Racing this year due to issues with the course, but we have organised an alternative which should prove just as fun as well as potentially earning a tournament winner some cash: Skeglextric! More details will be available when you check in.
And finally, booking is closed, we've squeezed in as many people as we can and we can't take any more. If you have any queries about existing bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Righty, a number of things to get through in this update:
- we've got our flypasts: Hurricane on Saturday, Spitfire on Sunday, weather permitting, times to be confirmed
- pitches are filling up: half our space has already been booked, so don't delay!
- rocker cover racing: some subtle changes to the Santa Poo Seaway this year, but the racing is still going to be as exciting and as close as last year - just make sure your wheels are strong...
Not much in this update, things are ticking over nicely. The main thing that our guests need to know is that with less than 3 months to go before this year's event, we've now sold 70% of our available pitches. Time to book before someone else does!
SkegMiniFest 2019 - preparations underway
After a sell-out and a record figure raised in 2018, we're hoping for more of the same in 2019. YOU can help us do that by being a guest at SkegMiniFest 2019.
As ever, the SMF elves (and our one gnome) are hard at work behind the scenes to deliver our 9th event.
We have - as ever - listened to our guests and we have - as ever - some subtle changes to come.
As usual though, we have:
- a full weekend's camping
- a host of live acts throughout
- traders and more
- the (optional) barbecue and a special low price menu for guests
- the virtually famous and quite popular £100 prize raffle
- the infamous, exciting and occasionally car-killing rocker cover racing
- toilets and showers on site
- prizes for the best Minis, as voted for by our guests
- phone charging available at the information tent
And as an extra treat this year, we've also got a couple of Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight flypasts over the weekend!
Page 1 of 2